Saturday, December 8, 2012

...in the beginning

I was having a difficult day. A lost day. Feeling so stressed about my career prospects. I have some pretty wonderful friends. Two specific friends that are really supportive that I met in college. Jon ( I call him Dr. Jamison, tho he does not yet have his PhD) and his beautiful wife Cheri, are two of my favorite people. Well I was having the kind of insecure day that made me feel like I was worthless, stupid, & friendless. Then Jon & Cheri called me. I love & respect these two. They helped me vent out my frustrations while reminding me that I am capable of all that I dream. I'm not sure that they will ever know the depth of my gratitude.
They have also inspired me to not only write this, but to continue writing (hopefully I will remember) about my job search & career prospects. As I know, writing is a way for me to organize my thoughts. I have a lot of decisions to make about my future, now and in the next couple of weeks.
Some of those decisions include: Going back to school, for a grad degree, a certificate program, what? where? Continuing to apply for jobs, what kinds of jobs? Previously I hadn't been picky, because I believe gainful employment is unnecessary for my well being. I am a hard worker with a diligent work ethic, I do not abide this continued idleness. Its unnerving me.
So it doesn't matter if anyone reads this. In fact, it may be better if no one ever does.
It will just be a way for me to remind myself that I am working toward a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment